HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artemis

PostSubject: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:47 am

All unions will be required to provide certain ingredients vital to the manufacturing of curiosities, or to manufacture curiosities from obtained ingredients.

The quotas listed below must be met on a weekly basis.

When a curiosity quota is completed, the curiosities will be stored in a secure location that has been chosen by the union and approved by a CPC member. The curiosities will be stored in said location until a CPC member can approve the curiosities, at which point they will be brought into the central mansion, and the quota timer will be reset.

The following is a list of what ingredients and curiosities must be provided:

Farmers
Poppy flowers - 270 units
*Fresh Tealeaves (Provided to the Cooks) - 200 units
*Straw (Provided to the Tailors) - 420 units
*Plant Fibres (Provided to the Tailors) - 210 units
*Wheat Flour (Provided to the Cooks) - 40 units

Tailors
Straw Dolls - 105 units
Seer's Bones -52 units
Stuffed Bears - 16 units

Cooks and Livestock
Shewbread - 20 units
Seer's Tealeaves - 50 units
*Wool (Provided to Tailors) - 16 units

Miners
Bronze Steeds - 35 units
Tin Soldiers - 70 units
Seer's Bowls - 70 units
Tiny Abaci - 70 units

Foragers
*Bones (Provided to Tailors) - 260 units
*Bear hides (Provided to Tailors) - 4 units

Sidenote: All items marked with * are resource items that are vital for curio construction. These should be sent to the needed union at once, and the receiving union is responsible for making sure they have recieved all needed goods.

Last edited by Artemis on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Belletor

PostSubject: 2 issues.   Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:07 am

There are 2 problems with this law as it is now. The first is that the amount of tea leaves provided by farmers is barely enough to create the amount of seer's tealeaves in the quota, meaning there won't be any actual tea produced. The second is the quota for farmers for 80 unit of wheat seeds, since farming softcaps wheat flour, wheat seeds aren't of any use to me.

Until those can change, I'd have to vote no.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:15 am

I've fixed the wheat seed error, and have lowered the fresh tea leaves to only 400 units. This I feel is the minimum that can be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Wafflerific

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:43 am

A more realistic number for tea would be 270 units. Seeing as each tea crop makes 90 units. Same for the poppies. 840 straw is a lot to ask for, but 80 units of flour is nothing really.

I don't like the idea of meeting quotas at all really, farming is enough of a chore as it is.
Back to top Go down
Ignus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 am

Maybe a more realistic way to deal with this would be to explicitly state what we would theoretically need to meet our needs. If the farmers know they need xxx straw for straw dolls then it takes some of the guess work out of lining up farms, same goes for hunters and seers bones, miners and bronze steeds etc. etc..

So, rather than a quota we'd just be letting people know what kind of levels are ideal. 'Cos knowledge is power. Stay in school kids.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.melsonia.com
Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:00 am

The foragers and hunters have to respectfully say no. There are more then a few reasons that the foragers and hunters decided to say no.

1. Bears are random and harder to find. Sometimes you can find 5 in one day but others you can go over a week and not see one.

2. Bears aren't needed just for stuffed bears. 7 bears to curio supply and then we also need to get the skins to the tailor to make us high q leather.

3. This forces activity, not that many people can be active to keep meeting the quota's week by week. We play the game to relax not to have to meet quota and hunt and forage because we have to but because we like to. Everyone tries their best already.

4. It is a law so if someone wouldent meet their quota, if you dont follow a law, the fine is high. Even exile.

5. It's more of a " Duty " then a goal.

6. It forces us to hunt when we want to forage for rare curios :/

7. Sure the rewards are nice but it pushes people even more like the farmers who already do so much..

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:53 pm

The numbers have all been halved, especially the bear hides, for our delicate foragers.

Also, the Miners union votes undecided.

Last edited by Artemis on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LordJorge

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:26 am

I oppose this

I have enough chores IRL and I don't want this game that I enjoy so much to turn into another one
Back to top Go down
Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:29 am

Artemis wrote:
The numbers have all been halved, especially the bear hides, for our delicate foragers.

Also, the Miners union votes in favor of this.
No bears would be best solution to that problem.
Back to top Go down
Shortcakes

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm

For myself and my union, I will have to vote no on this. This will make playing HnH a chore and will add unneeded stress to the village.
Back to top Go down
Pilferer

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 pm

LordJorge wrote:
I oppose this

I have enough chores IRL and I don't want this game that I enjoy so much to turn into another one

Shortcakes wrote:
For myself and my union, I will have to vote no on
this. This will make playing HnH a chore and will add unneeded stress
to the village.

This.
I'll help out whenever I have spare time, I've got a part-time job thus I'm getting ready for additional education. Not spending much time in Haven until things settle down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ignus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Denied! With one vote for, six agaisnt and the rest abstaining.

This has been done in accordance with:

113. A citizen's non-participation in a law-change will result in the forfeit of their vote. A citizen always has the option to forfeit a vote.

216. Votes are formally submitted as a reply to the thread concerning and containing the prospective law change(s) and can be altered until the final vote is submitted or a second parliament passes, whichever is sooner.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.melsonia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas   

Back to top Go down

Proposed Law 303. - Curio & Curio Supply Quotas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Republic :: House of Peers-
Jump to: