Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposed Law 305. Private trades

Go down 
+3
Artemis
Daniel277
Rozn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rozn

Rozn

Proposed Law 305. Private trades Empty
PostSubject: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:14 am

LAW:
"Trade may only be carried out by the Central Planning Committee or its designated representatives. Exceptions to this can be made only if two members of the Central Planning Committee or designated representatives give express permission. All trades must be put in the trade thread: http://melson.nstars.org/t287-the-trading-thread "

Last edited by Rozn on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Daniel277

Daniel277

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am

I think that the status of Feral needs to be defined in a seperate law in and of itself, before this is voted on.
Back to top Go down
Rozn

Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Ok done.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:03 pm

The Miner's union vote has changed. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Artemis on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rozn

Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:58 am

Artemis wrote:
The Miner's union votes against.
You don't even say why Neutral
Back to top Go down
Daniel277

Daniel277

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:00 am

no one ever said they had to give reasons

although they might be nice, but as long as the miners union spoke and voted on this it's fine.

Back to top Go down
Rozn

Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:17 am

Ok, carry on then.

Forager's union votes yes.
Back to top Go down
LordJorge

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Tailors Union vote is yes on big and medium trades

for small personal trades a mediator is not needed, but the one trading must obtain permision to dispose of village's propiety and inform the contents and conditions of the trade
Back to top Go down
Rozn

Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Jorge this is for no private trades and that the government controls the trade even if u want something for yourself. You just have to write what you want in the trade thread, I would find a good price then put it in the thread if it is approved.
Back to top Go down
Rozn

Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Let me clear some stuff up. First off, you can still buy things for yourself, thats ok. You would just put it in the trade thread and I would find the lowest price with a good trader and haggle. Then I would put it on the list to buy if it get approved by a CPC member. This makes it more organized and easier. The trader won't have to talk to 4 different people from the same vill and have just the one merchant to deal with gaining more trust then having to talk to many. This way the town of melsonia gains relations, trust, good trade comments, etc..

A private trade is a trade without the government knowing.
Back to top Go down
Ignus
Admin
Ignus

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:06 am

Suggestion for rewording to make it less ambiguous and more to the point:

"Trade may only be carried out by the Central Planning Committee or its designated representatives. Exceptions to this can be made only if two members of the Central Planning Committee or designated representatives give express permission."

It doesn't mention the merchant or Russian thing directly, which allows room for a case by case decision to be made by the people working on trade (CPC and representatives) without tying them down in a potentially unnecessary way.

The final form the law takes is up to you of course, this is just a suggestion.

Also, I'll help clarify where I think Roz is coming from here on why trade would be essentially illegal if this passes. If we accept that all property is state property (the state being the sum of us all I.E. All Melsonians), then all trade is a sort of theft unless you ask each and every person if it's ok to give it away. This is of course silly, so we need a system whereby we assign the right to trade on behalf of us all to certain people we trust.

If we leave trade unregulated then we are basically allowing people to steal at whim, exchanging our things for stuff that they want. If people try to circumvent this (as I know some have done and still do) by collecting their own trade goods, this is still stealing. It's denying others of your time and work in exchange for personal gain.

This may sound harsh, but this theoretical person is able to hunt for bluebells and flotsam because he is fed by a long chain of farmers and cooks, his head is full enough so he doesn't need to use those bluebells and flotsam because of the tailors, miners and foragers. Every trade that is done in secret is a direct theft from all of us >:[

Melsonia protects!

Proposed Law 305. Private trades 5854683765_cbceeedc5e

*hums national anthem*
Back to top Go down
http://forum.melsonia.com
Rozn

Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:27 am

Vladivar wrote:
Suggestion for rewording to make it less ambiguous and more to the point:

"Trade may only be carried out by the Central Planning Committee or its designated representatives. Exceptions to this can be made only if two members of the Central Planning Committee or designated representatives give express permission."

Hmm I like that but I wanted 1 thing. That the merchant can bundle up prices, keep it organized, and find the best deals. So I would like the part about putting all trades in the trade forum in this as well. Perhaps you can help me with the re-wording.
Back to top Go down
Wafflerific

Wafflerific

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:20 am

I support this.
Back to top Go down
Rozn

Rozn

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:47 am

Done.
Back to top Go down
Gunther

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:55 am

Has this been approved?

I'd just like to say, that sometimes people who don't have trade threads have better prices, and/or are more comftrable talking to other people.
Back to top Go down
Ignus
Admin
Ignus

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Passed! With two votes for, none againt and several abstaining.

Thus has been done in accordance with:

113. A citizen's non-participation in a law-change will result in the forfeit of their vote. A citizen always has the option to forfeit a vote.

216. Votes are formally submitted as a reply to the thread concerning and containing the prospective law change(s) and can be altered until the final vote is submitted or a second parliament passes, whichever is sooner.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.melsonia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Law 305. Private trades   Proposed Law 305. Private trades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposed Law 305. Private trades
Page 1 of 1